Black Friday/Cyber Monday: Best Practices for Ecommerce 2021 'Additional Terms of Service'
The following Additional Terms of Service (the "Additional Terms") have been added by the Event Organiser and are specific and in relation to this Event ("Black Friday/Cyber Monday: Best Practices for Ecommerce 2021") only. These Additional Terms set out the relationship between you (an attendee of the Event) and the Event Organiser; these Additional Terms govern your attendance of the Event.
By signing up, your email may be shared with any of our partners, including Gorgias, Recart, Helpflow, Peel Insights, Rewind, and Omnisend. If at any time you would like to opt-out, simply email me, [email protected] I value your privacy and feedback.
HeySummit is not responsible for any part of the above Additional Terms and is only responsible for the Core Terms of Service stated hereunder:
HeySummit's Core Terms of Service
These Core Terms of Service (the “User Terms”) govern Your access to or use of the online and hybrid events platform and services generally described at www.heysummit.com and its associated services (online and offline), products, software, mobile applications, information, networks, distribution channels, components, APIs, and documentation (”Services”) offered or made available by Hey Summit Ltd. or its parents, subsidiaries, and corporate affiliates (“HeySummit” "we" "us" or “Our").
These User Terms and the Community Guidelines incorporated herein by reference, form a legally binding contract between You and us.
Review the Privacy Statement for more information on how we collect and use data relating to the use of Our services and products. The Privacy Statement is a changing policy that is also a part of these User Terms.
1. Who these terms apply to - read carefully!
You are subject to these User Terms (a “User”) if:
- You are a “Participant” which is defined as any individual or entity that signs up for, or accesses a HeySummit account, or who attends, participates in, or interacts at, an Event. Examples include without limitation, individual Event attendees and speakers; or
- You are a “Team Member” which is defined as any individual or entity that is affiliated with the Host (see below) and that uses or accesses the Services in any way. Examples include without limitation, event managers, agencies, consultants, contractors, sponsors, and exhibitors.
The term “Host” refers to the company, entity, institution, organisation, or individual who is the public facing “brand” of the virtual or hybrid event (“Event”). A Host could be a company, or an individual.
If the Host enters into customer terms with HeySummit, such as the HeySummit’s Platform Terms or other HeySummit customer agreement (including agreements provided to the Host via a referral partner), it is a direct customer of HeySummit.
If the Host is not a direct customer of HeySummit, it typically means that the Host acquired the right to use the Services via a third party reseller or agency, in which case the Host’s use of the Services are governed by its agreement with that reseller or agency.
In each case above, the Host is subject to those separate customer and/or reseller or agency terms, and the Host’s Participants and Team Members are subject to these User Terms; provided however that if You are the individual who is both the Host and the named HeySummit account holder, these User Terms also apply to Your use of the account and Services in Your capacity as a Team Member.
1.1 HeySummit’s role
Events are organised and administered by the Host, not HeySummit. We are a third party providing the Services and its incorporated technology platforms (the “Platform”) to facilitate an Event taking place. For the purpose of this Agreement, the Services includes the Platform.
We are not responsible and cannot be held liable for any matters described in the Host Responsibility section (below).
1.2 Host’s responsibilities
The Host has full control over the running of any Event. This includes the invitee list, when Events are created and how they are configured, and what functionality and third-party integrations are available for use at each Event.
The Host is solely responsible:
- if an Event is cancelled;
- for how an Event is run;
- for ticket and merchandise sales and donation handling;
- for marketing activities related to the Event;
- for promotions, contests, and sweepstakes offered in connection with the Event;
- for informing Participants of any relevant policies and practices and securing agreements and consents with its Participants including but not being limited to additional privacy statements and additional terms of service;
- for any content produced or provided;
- Ensure that the adequate permission is sought by each and every Participant when creating an account on their behalf and that You act in compliance with GDPR when using the Platform;
- for any activities carried out during an Event; and
- for monitoring and managing the conduct of Users.
It is solely the Host’s responsibility to respond to and resolve any dispute between the Host and any Participant or Team Member. The Host may also block or revoke a User’s access to its Event at any time and in its sole discretion.
HeySummit’s customer success team and mechanisms may be used to support such resolutions but it will be up to the Host to ensure the relevant information is provided to HeySummit and to troubleshoot an adequate resolution for HeySummit to assist and is therefore still the sole responsibility of the Host.
The Host will remain responsible for any resolution and the support of HeySummit throughout the resolution processes.
2. Right to use HeySummit
Subject to these User Terms, We grant You a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use HeySummit:
- where You are a Team Member, for the internal business purposes of the Host only, to create, organise and host Events on HeySummit; and
- where You are a Participant, to attend and participate in Events for Your personal, non-commercial purposes only, subject to any Additional Terms of Service imposed by the Host.
You agree that You will not (unless You have Our express prior permission):
- violate Our Community Guidelines
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of the Services or related content;
- resell, rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, distribute, or otherwise make available, Your right to use or access HeySummit or any part of it, in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us or in respect to Event content except as permitted by the Host;
- disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of HeySummit or any content on it nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent permitted by law;
- copy, translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of HeySummit or any content on it, nor permit HeySummit or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs or channels, except as necessary to use HeySummit as permitted in these User Terms;
- use HeySummit maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into HeySummit or any operating system;
- use HeySummit in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise Our systems or security or interfere with other Users, including by removing, circumventing, damaging or otherwise interfering with security-related features that prevent or restrict use or copying, pasting, printing, downloading or sharing of any content, or that enforce limitations on the use of the Services or related content;
- access, collect, harvest or modify any information, content or data related to the Services using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose, or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running HeySummit;
- access, search or create accounts for HeySummit by any means other than Our publicly supported interfaces (e.g. “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Services, any equipment or network on which the Services is stored, any software used in the provision of the Services, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- use another user’s information (including email addresses) to contact them outside of HeySummit without their express permission or authority, or to create or distribute mailing lists or other collections of contact or user profile information for other Users for use outside of HeySummit; and
- impersonate someone else to create an account, create or use an account for anyone other than Yourself, permit anyone else to use Your account, or provide personal information for purposes of account registration other than Your own.
3. Contributions and Personal Data
As part of an Event, You may submit or make available certain content, information, and data, such as messages or files (“Contributions”). You are responsible for Your Contributions, and You assume all risks associated with Your Contributions, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, reliability, appropriateness, or any disclosure that makes You or anyone else personally identifiable. You represent and warrant that You own or have the necessary rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorise the use of Contributions as described herein. You may not imply that Contributions are in any way sponsored or endorsed by HeySummit.
We are not responsible or liable to You or any third-party for the content or accuracy of any Contributions. We may reject or remove Contributions (such as Contributions that violate these Terms, Our Community Guidelines, or applicable law), but we have no obligation to do so.
If You believe a Contribution infringes Your intellectual property rights, see Our Copyright Infringement Policy in Our Community Guidelines.
3.2 Personal data in Contributions
As between HeySummit and the Host, the Host is the data controller of recordings of Event content, including any of Your personal data embedded therein. We explain Our role as the data processor of such personal data in the Privacy Statement but we strongly encourage You to review the privacy notices and policies of the Host and other participants in the Event as applicable.
We are not responsible for the usage of your personal data by the Host and the Host understands that it is not the responsibility of HeySummit to make the usage by the Host of User’s personal data. HeySummit is solely responsible for their role in processing of personal data as set out by the Privacy Statement.
It is the responsibility of the Host to ensure any additional processing or usage of personal data is made clear to the data subject and explained clearly before conducting the Event.
3.3 Children’s Data
You may not use the Services to collect data directly from children under the age of 13. In respect of any Event attended by children under the age of 13, a parent or legal guardian, as applicable, must register the minor and/or purchase the ticket on their behalf.
3.4 Limited License to Contributions
Solely in connection with Your interaction with the applicable Event, You grant to HeySummit a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, license to the Contributions to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display such Contributions in any form, format, media, and channel.
4. Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the Services throughout the world belong to Us (or Our licensors). You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the Services other than the right to use it in accordance with these User Terms.
If You provide feedback, comments or suggestions for improvements related to any HeySummit Services or products (in written, oral, or any other form) (“Feedback”), You represent and warrant that You (a) have the right to disclose the Feedback, (b) the Feedback does not violate the rights of any other person or entity, and (c) the Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of any third party or parties. You (i) acknowledge that HeySummit may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (ii) assign to HeySummit Your entire right, title, and interest (including any intellectual property rights) in and to Feedback. To the extent that any right, title, or interest cannot be assigned under applicable law, You hereby grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works from, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback without any compensation, and waive any right, title or interest and consent to any action of HeySummit, its service providers, successors, and assigns that would violate such right, title, or interest in the absence of such consent. You agree to execute any documents necessary to effect the foregoing assignment, waivers, or consents.
5. Promotional activities
You may promote, administer, or conduct a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes on, through or using Services (a “Promotion”), only if You:
(a) carry out all Promotions in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and Our Community Guidelines;
(b) You make expressly clear that the Promotion is Yours and that HeySummit does not sponsor, co-sponsor, endorse or support the Promotion.
You will be solely responsible for all aspects of, and expenses related to, Your Promotion, including, without limitation, the execution, administration, and operation of the Promotion, drafting and posting any official rules, selecting winners, issuing prizes, and obtaining all necessary third-party permissions and approvals.
We have the right to remove Your Promotion from the Platform if we reasonably believe that Your Promotion does not comply with applicable laws or Our Community Guidelines.
6. Limitation of Liability
6.1 Limitation of Liability for all Users who reside outside of the EEA and the United Kingdom
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU. HEYSUMMIT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (I) THESE TERMS; (II) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (III) ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE, INTERACT OR MEET WITH AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES; (IV) ANY AND ALL USES OF THE SERVICES; AND/OR (V) YOUR MISCONDUCT OR NEGLIGENT USE OF THE SERVICES, OR THE NEGLIGENCE OR MISCONDUCT OF A THIRD PARTY WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPIN HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT WILL HEYSUMMIT’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HEYSUMMIT, THESE TERMS, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO HEYSUMMIT IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY, OR ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (US$100), IF NO SUCH PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN HEYSUMMIT AND YOU.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY DESCRIBED ABOVE SHALL APPLY IN ALL OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES.
6.2 Limitation of Liability for all Users who reside in the EEA and the United Kingdom
If we fail to comply with these User Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of Our breaking these terms or Our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time You accepted these User Terms, both we and You knew it might happen.
6.3 Disclaimer of Warranties
The Services are provided for general information and entertainment purposes only. It does not offer advice on which You should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from HeySummit.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND YOU USE IT SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. HEYSUMMIT DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY OF THE SERVICES WILL BE IN GOOD REPAIR OR ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM DELAYS, DEFECTS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OR INACCURACIES. ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY HEYSUMMIT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Therefore, WITHOUT LIMITING THE RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
- to the fullest extent permissible by law, HeySummit hereby disclaims and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to: (i) the services (including Contributions); (ii) the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the services, including whether the services will be available at any particular time or location; (iii) whether information or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the services is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable; (iv) whether the services or the servers that make the services available are free from any harmful components; and (v) whether Your use of the services is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
- THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. HEYSUMMIT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL HEYSUMMIT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR INJURIES ARISING FROM THE SERVICES; AND
- YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS MAY OTHERWISE BE LIMITED BY LAW, HEYSUMMIT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INCLUDING THOSE THAT ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO (A) ANY RISK, DANGER, OR HAZARD DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, (B) YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, ANY OF THE SERVICES, (C) YOUR BREACH OF THESE USER TERMS AND/OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY LAW, RULE, REGULATION, AND/OR ORDINANCE, (D) ANY NEGLIGENCE, MISCONDUCT, AND/OR OTHER ACTION AND/OR INACTION BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW DISCLAIMERS OF VARIOUS WARRANTIES, SO ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER THE LAWS OF YOUR JURISDICTION, WE LIMIT THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER THOSE LAWS.
6.4 Please back-up Your Contributions and personal data
While we have taken reasonable security measures, we recommend that You regularly back up any content and data used in connection with the Services. HeySummit is not responsible for the loss of personal data or Contributions that you may from time to time store or keep saved on the Platform.
6.5 Check that the Services are suitable for You
The Services have not been developed to meet Your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of HeySummit meet Your requirements.
6.6 We are not responsible for events outside Our control
If the provisioning of the Services is delayed by an event outside Our control, we will contact You as soon as reasonably possible to let You know and we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay. Provided we have acted reasonably in letting You know about the delay where it is possible for us to do so, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
6.7 We are not responsible for third party websites and services
The Services may contain links or referrals to third party and other independent websites and services which are not provided by Us. Such websites and services are not under Our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make Your own independent judgement about whether to use them, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
If You, on your own accord choose to enter into an agreement with any third party regardless of whether they were recommended by HeySummit or not; You are solely responsible for applying your independent judgement and making your own decision to enter into any contract or arrangement with that third party.
7.1 You may terminate these User Terms at any time by deleting Your HeySummit User account.
We can, in Our sole discretion, terminate these User Terms and/or Your right to access or use HeySummit at any time, without notice, for any reason, including where we reasonably consider that (a) Your use of the Services violates these User Terms or applicable law; or (b) we are unable to continue providing HeySummit to You due to technical or legitimate business reasons. In the event of such termination:
- HeySummit revokes any licenses granted to You hereunder;
- You must stop all activities authorised by these User Terms, including Your use of HeySummit.
- You must delete or remove HeySummit from all devices in Your possession and immediately destroy all copies of HeySummit which You have and confirm to us that You have done this.
- We may take all steps necessary to prevent You from accessing or using HeySummit including suspending Your HeySummit User account.
8. Technical requirements
In order to use HeySummit, it is necessary that You have a device that allows You access to the Internet, and an email. In order for certain functionalities and features to work properly, a camera or microphone and a headset or loudspeaker must be on and not used by another application. You expressly acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for satisfying the foregoing requirements, and that the quality of messages, information or files sent, posted, streamed, published or otherwise transmitted using HeySummit may differ from the uploaded stream or file, in order to conform and adapt to standards of transferring data, connecting networks, devices or requirements of HeySummit.
9.Other important terms
9.1 Contacting us
If You are having any issues using the Services, get in touch with the Customer Success team.
If we have to contact or notify You, we will do so by the contact information You provided us or via notification on the Platform or other reasonable method.
9.2 Updates to HeySummit
From time to time we may automatically update and change the Services to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. We will not need Your consent to do this, and Your continued use of the Services following the update will be subject to these User Terms.
9.3 If someone else owns the phone or device You are using
If You stream HeySummit onto any phone, laptop, desktop or other device not owned by You, You must have the owner's permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these User Terms, whether or not You own the phone or other device.
9.4 Changes to these User Terms
We may change these User Terms to reflect changes in law or best practice, or to address changes in Our Services. If You do not accept the changes, You are not permitted to continue using the Services.
9.5 Assignment and Transfer
We may transfer or assign Our rights and obligations under these Terms to an affiliated party of HeySummit or third party, with or without notice to You. You may not transfer Your rights and obligations under these Terms to someone else without Our prior written consent.
9.6 If a court finds part of this agreement illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these User Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
9.7 Even if we delay in enforcing this agreement, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing these User Terms, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that You do anything You are required to do under these User Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against You in respect of Your breaking this agreement, that will not mean that You do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against You at a later date.
9.8 Which laws apply to this contract and where You may bring legal proceedings
These User Terms are governed by English law, and You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts only.